LAGOS, Nigeria – (AA) Nigeria’s relief agency said 29 people have been confirmed dead and 105 others injured in late Wednesday bomb blasts at motor parks in northeastern Gombe state.
“Two explosions went off at Dadin Kowa and Dukku motor parks yesterday in Gombe,” the National Emergency Management Agency said on its twitter page on Thursday.
“Casualties included people at a park and Muslims getting set for the late night prayer,” an eyewitness told Anadolu Agency.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blasts, which locals say bore the operational imprints of Boko Haram.
Last week, a twin blast in a market in the same area killed 48 people on the eve of Eid.
© 2015, Rafiu Ajakaye. All rights reserved. – The views expressed here are purely those of the author and not necessarily those of the publishers. – Newstime Africa content cannot be reproduced in any form – electronic or print – without prior consent of the Publishers. Copyright infringement will be pursued and perpetrators prosecuted.
24,931 total views, no views today