NEW YORK, September 22, 2013 – African Press Organization (APO) –Security Council Press Statement on Attack in Nairobi
1. The members of the Security Council condemn in the strongest possible terms today’s terrorist attack in Nairobi, which has caused numerous deaths and injuries. The members of the Security Council extend their condolences to the victims and their families, as well as to the people and the Government of Kenya.
2. The members of the Security Council reaffirm that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security, and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed.
3. The members of the Security Council reiterate their determination to combat all forms of terrorism, in accordance with their responsibilities under the Charter of the United Nations.
4. The members of the Security Council remind States that they must ensure that measures taken to combat terrorism comply with all their obligations under international law, in particular international human rights, refugee and humanitarian law.
5. The members of the Security Council expressed their solidarity with the people and Government of Kenya at this difficult time.
© 2013, Newstime Africa. All rights reserved. – Newstime Africa content cannot be reproduced in any form – electronic or print – without prior consent of the Publishers. Copyright infringement will be pursued and perpetrators prosecuted.
48 total views, 2 views today