The Anti-Corruption Commission has today 7th March 2013 filed in the High Court of Sierra Leone, holden at Freetown, 29 indictments on various corruption offences against officials of the National Health Sector Support Project, Ministry of Health and Sanitation and two other officials of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (MoFed), one National Revenue Authority (NRA) Official and One Mines Engineer relating to the 2011 Audit findings as follows:
1. The State Vs Dr. Matthew Michael Amara: Charged with 27 counts of conflict of interest, contrary to Section 45(3) and Misappropriation of Donor Funds, contrary to Section 37(1) of the Anti-Corruption Act,No. 12 of 2008 totaling Le. 5,091,673,000 (Five Billion, Ninety-One Million, Six Hundred and Seventy Three Thousand Leones)
2. The State Vs Dr. Matthew Michael Amara and Sahr Amara: Chargedwith 38 counts of Misappropriation of Donor Funds, contrary to Section37(1) of the Anti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 totaling Le2,310,707,900 (Two Billion, Three Hundred and Ten Million, Seven Hundred and Seven Thousand, Nine Hundred Leones
3. The State Vs Bernard T.M. Dugba, Phillip Macauley and E.MKabba-Kamara: Charged with 22 counts of Misappropriation of DonorFunds, contrary to Section 37(1) of the Anti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of2008 totaling Le 1,168,845,616 (One Billion, One Hundred and Sixty-Eight Million, Eight Hundred Forty-Five Thousand, Six Hundredand Sixteen Leones)
4. The State Vs Dr. Kizito Daoh, Dr. Alhassan L. Sesay, Dr. Francis Smart, Dr. Duramany Conteh, Dr. A. A Sandy and Edward Bai Kamara: Charged with 22 counts of Misappropriation of donor funds contrary tosection 37 (1) of the Anti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 in the sumof Le 118,157,534 (One Hundred and Eighteen Million, One Hundred andFifty-Seven Thousand, Five Hundred and Thirty Four Leones)
5. The State Vs Dr. Magnus Ken Gborie, Dr. Edward Magbity, and LansanaS.M Roberts: Charged with 17counts of Conspiracy to commit a corruption offence contrary to law, and Misappropriation of Donor Funds contrary to Section 37(1) of the Anti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of2008 totaling Le. 654,627,500 (Six Hundred and Fifty Four Million, SixHundred and Twenty Seven Thousand, Five Hundred Leones)
6. The State Vs Anita J. Kamanda and Abu Bakarr Sesay: Charged withthe offence of Misappropriation of donor funds contrary to section 37(1) of the Anti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 in the sum of Le 50,000,000 (Fifty Million Leones) and Le 49, 280,000 (Forty NineMillion, Two Hundred and Eighty Thousand Leones) respectively
7. The State Vs Richard M. Kaimbay, Festus Mohammed Lansana, PatrickMcarthy, Philip W. Macauley, Prince Moses Koh, and Mohamed Jalloh:Charged with the offence of Misappropriation of Donor Funds, contrary to Section 37(1) of the Anti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 in the sumof Le 952,749,883 (Nine Hundred and Fiftty Two Million, Seven Hundredand Forty Nine Thousand, Eight Hundred and Eighty Three Leones)
8. The State Vs Francis J. Foday Musa: Charged with the offence of Misappropriation of public funds contrary to section 36 (1) of theAnti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 in the sum of Le 54,793,300(Fifty-Four Million Seven Hundred and Ninety-Three Thousand Leones)and Le. 56,568,240 (Fifty-Six Million Five Hundred and Sixty-EightThousand, Two Hundred and Forty Leones respectively
9. The State Vs Mustapha Amara, Bob Peterson and Joseph Tewuleh:Charged with counts of Conspiracy to commit a corruption offencecontrary to law, and Dishonest appropriation of Donor Funds contrary to Section 37(1) of the Anti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 totalingLe142,483,667.31 (One Hundred and Forty Two Million, Four Hundred andEighty Three Thousand Six Hundred and Sixty-Seven Leones Thirty OneCents)
10. The State Vs Ishmael Kamara: Charged with 2 counts of misleading the Commission contrary to Section 127 of the Anti-Corruption Act No.12 of 2008
11. The State Vs Sorie Gindeh Kamara: Charged with 6 counts ofMisappropriation of Donor Funds contrary to Section 37(1) of theAnti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 in the sum of Le.281,000,000 (TwoHundred and Eighty One Million Leones)
12. The State Vs Sahr Edison Tamaba: Charged with 2 counts ofmisappropriation of public funds contrary to Section 36(1) of theAnti-Corruption Act, No. 12 of 2008 in the sum of Le. 88,837,000 (Eighty Eight Million, Eight Hundred Thousand Leones)
Twenty Two (22) accused persons have already been arrested and put onbail, awaiting arraignment in the High Court of Sierra Leone.Meanwhile, investigations into the findings of the Audit Reportcontinues and the public will be informed of additional indictments in due course.
The Commission wishes to reassure the general public of itscontinued resolve in the fight against corruption in Sierra Leone.
Public Education and Outreach Department
© 2013, Newstime Africa. All rights reserved. – The views expressed here are purely those of the author and not necessarily those of the publishers. – Newstime Africa content cannot be reproduced in any form – electronic or print – without prior consent of the Publishers. Copyright infringement will be pursued and perpetrators prosecuted.
12,083 total views, 7 views today