1. Respect for civil liberties, including freedom of press and opinion;
2. Ensuring the safety of persons and property;
3. The reorganization and reform of the Defense Forces and Security;
4. The creation of a National Transitional Council (CNT), deliberative political body, led by a religious figure and composed of 101 members representing all segments of Guinean society;
5. The appointment of a Prime Minister, Prime Ministers, from the Forum Forces Vives of Guinea;
6. The formation of a Government of National Unity;
7. The revision of electoral rolls;
8. The organization, within 6 months of the presidential election which will not be participating members of the National Transition Council, the Head of State Transition, members of the CNDD, the Prime Minister, members of Government of National Unity and members of the Defense Forces and Security in activity;
9. The use of civilian and military observers from ECOWAS;
10. The setting up of an independent monitoring, evaluation and monitoring;
11. The signatories of this statement call upon the international community to assist political, financial and technical implementation of the above measures adopted;
12. His Excellency Blaise Compaore, President of Burkina Faso and the Ombudsman in the Guinean crisis, appoint a special representative of the transitional authorities of the Republic of Guinea.
Terminating their fruitful discussions, His Excellency Blaise Compaore, President of Burkina Faso and the President of the Republic of Guinea Acting General Sékouba Konate, welcomed the satisfactory evolution of the health of the President of the CNDD, Captain Musa CAMARA Dadis.
They expressed full solidarity and compassion for the ordeal he has suffered, while wishing him a speedy recovery.
The President of the CNDD, Captain Dadis Moussa CAMARA, in turn, expressed his deep gratitude for the valuable support of all kinds which he has benefited from them. He also said emphatically that he freely takes a time of recovery, while remaining available to contribute to the actors of the transition.
Finally, His Excellency Blaise Compaore, President of Burkina Faso and the Ombudsman in the Guinean crisis, Mr President of the CNDD, President of the Republic of Guinea and Mr Vice President of the CNDD, President of the Republic of Guinea Acting send their warm appreciation to His Majesty, King Mohammed VI, and all the Moroccan authorities, including the medical profession, for hosting, with great generosity, and treated with great professionalism and affection, Captain Musa Dadis CAMARA.
Done in Ouagadougou, January 15, 2010
The President of the CNDD, President of the Republic of Guinea:
Captain Musa CAMARA Dadis
The Vice President of the CNDD, President of the Republic of Guinea Acting:
General Sékouba KONATE
The Ombudsman in the crisis in Guinea
© 2010, Newstime Africa. All rights reserved. – The views expressed here are purely those of the author and not necessarily those of the publishers. – Newstime Africa content cannot be reproduced in any form – electronic or print – without prior consent of the Publishers. Copyright infringement will be pursued and perpetrators prosecuted.
1,738 total views, 19 views today